Ask a question

Got any questions about running or general fitness? Pick a topic from the list or alternatively search for a keyword.

  • Q I have developed a blister on my foot. Should I puncture it or simply allow nature to run its course?
  • A A blister is caused by friction against the skin from socks or shoes, which causes the layers of the skin to separate and fill with fluid. The fluid-filled sac effectively protects and cushions the injury site - so by puncturing the skin and releasing the fluid, you are potentially allowing infection in, which could prolong the injury. The best treatment is to cover the area with a dressing until the blister heals. After this, well-fitting shoes and socks are the best solution - so try to avoid or get rid of protruding seams in your socks or footwear so that the problem doesn't recur.
Ask me a question

Neither the Realbuzz Group Ltd nor its associated companies accept any responsibility or liability for death or injuries caused by any information contained within this website save for liability for death or personal injury caused by their negligence. All content within this website is provided in good faith and is for general information only, and must not be treated as a substitute for professional medical, health or nutritional advice, examination, diagnosis or treatment. Reliance or use of the content on the website is solely at your own risk. The Realbuzz Group Ltd or its associated companies is not responsible or liable for any diagnosis made by content on this website. When completing any training activities you may risk property damage, bodily injury or death. There are many variables that must be considered prior to engaging in a training activity including but not limited to: weather, fitness level, type of activity, fellow participants, terrain features and activity experience. Always consult your own doctor or any other health professional before starting any new training or starting a new exercise regime, or making any changes to existing treatment. Always consult your own doctor or any other health professional if you're in any way concerned about your health.